| Research | Publications
Ph.D. (Dr.-Ing.), University of Stuttgart
Electrical Engineering, University of Stuttgart
Technical Lead Manager, managing a team of software engineers working on ATG's ground truth annotation tool:
· Automation of annotations in Lidar and image data with DL.
· Scalable offline and online GPU model inference for ATG's annotation tool.
· Machine-generated annotator scoring and ranking.
· Machine-assisted quality control with classical ML and DL.
Mighty AI, Seattle,
Principal Computer Vision Engineer, head of CV/ML team:
· Object detection and segmentation for QA and automated annotation.
· Model serving framework to generate annotations at scale with DL models.
· Class-agnostic interactive tracking tool.
Principal Applied Scientist, AI and Robotics:
· Face detection and recognition.
· Visual navigation.
· Multi-camera networks.
Honda Research Institute USA, Boston and Mountain View,
Principal Scientist, Head of Perception Group:
· Object detection and recognition for humanoid robots.
· Real-time vision systems for driver assistance.
· Detection and tracking of pedestrians, cars, bicyclists in videos and laser data.
· Detection of occluded pedestrians.
· Pedestrian path prediction.
· Camera-based vehicle self localization.
M.I.T, Postdoctoral Fellow, Visiting Scientist,
Center for Biological & Computational Learning:
· Face detection, face recognition, facial expression recognition.
· Part-based object detection and recognition.
· Taught grad class 9.913 "Pattern Recognition for Vision".
Daimler-Benz Research Center, Ulm, Research Assistant:
· Interactive 3-D object recognition system for service robots.
· Detecting moving objects in video sequences of traffic scenes.
· Video radar sensor fusion for autonomous car driving.
· Segmentation of color images with Hopfield nets.
Research Assistant, Institute of Physical Electronics and Photovoltaics, University of Stuttgart:
· Visualization and analysis of flow fields in combustion engines.