| Research | Publications
Ph.D. (Dr.-Ing.), University of Stuttgart
Electrical Engineering, University of Stuttgart
Principal Applied Scientist, Research and AI:
· Face detection and recognition.
· Visual navigation.
· Multi-camera networks.
Honda Research Institute USA, Boston and Mountain View,
Principal Scientist, Head of Perception Group:
· Object detection and recognition for humanoid robots.
· Real-time vision systems for driver assistance.
· Detection and tracking of pedestrians, cars, bicyclists in videos and laser data.
· Detection of occluded pedestrians.
· Pedestrian path prediction.
· Camera-based vehicle self localization.
M.I.T, Postdoctoral Fellow, Visiting Scientist,
Center for Biological & Computational Learning:
· Face detection, face recognition, facial expression recognition.
· Part-based object detection and recognition.
· Taught grad class 9.913 "Pattern Recognition for Vision".
Daimler-Benz Research Center, Ulm, Research Assistant:
· Interactive 3-D object recognition system for service robots.
· Detecting moving objects in video sequences of traffic scenes.
· Video radar sensor fusion for autonomous car driving.
· Segmentation of color images with Hopfield nets.
Research Assistant, Institute of Physical Electronics and Photovoltaics, University of Stuttgart:
· Visualization and analysis of flow fields in combustion engines.